What is the difference between a Silent Supercars and a conventionally powered Supercar?
- Conventional Supercar is powered by fuel, diesel nitro engines.
- Depending on the size of the Supercar, in sum cylinders engines are working hard and burning fuel which costs money.
- All fuel cars need to stop for fuel refill at smelly gas stations, Silent Supercars charge on the way or whilst relaxing having lunch or a cup of tea or coffee at your favorite restaurant.
- The use of a combustion-engine is inevitably combined with noise, exhausts fumes in the air. Is it that, or what you are looking for in a silent supercar is a quiet or should we say silent fume free supercar drive?
Are there different seating configurations for each model?
- All SILENT supercars are configured with 2 front bucket sports seats and a rear bench seat for 2 children or small adults can be seated in the rear which gives a total of 4 seats so you don’t have to leave your family behind. Details can be found on the designated page of each model.
Can Silent Supercars be built for short and long distances?
- Yes, we can change the sizes of the e-motors and add or subtract batteries packs to shorten or extend range according to your personal needs.
- Can it be used for racing?
- Silent Supercars can have purpose built supercars made for racing but we need to be contacted direct to go through your needs and specifications for what you require it to be customised to your needs.
- Depending on the applicable regulations and required certifications as well as on the chosen options (high power motors, larger battery capacity, VIP racing version) the price can vary significantly.
What Silent Supercars are currently under construction? What are your future plans?
- Silent Supercars Under Construction:
• 1 Silent SC1 – will be unveiled in 2020 in Australia.
- Test Drives :
• Silent Supercars – SUPERLUMINAL December 2020.
How does battery and e-engine cooling and heating work?
- We have built into the body a unique aerodynamic air tunnels through out the vehicle to work with the battery and engine cooling systems currently in place.
- The Solar roof has a unique tint for the UV protection of the car internally including tinted windows also help to keep the inside of Supercar cool.
What is the difference between a Silent Supercar and a conventionally powered Supercar?
- Conventional Supercar is powered by fuel, diesel nitro engines.
What kind of batteries and storage capabilities are built in?
- Lithium batteries – high energy density. To be more flexible, we always use the latest generation which is a bit more powerful. The storage capacity depends on the chosen configuration, it enables you to go up to 500km and to run air conditioning, radios, lights ect.
Which company builds the propulsion system?
- We do this ourselves by using high quality industrial grade products, which we configure in a special way that makes the system unique.
Can you summarise the testing process and of the first Silent Supercars SUPERLUMINAL?
- We will run the following long-term tests:
- 2020 we will have a supercar driver run a race track to test suspension, aerodynamics, speed, exhalation, handling to our satisfaction.
- We will also have a straight-line airline strip for top speeds gained that will be all recorded as evidence to prove our speeds, drive times, battery capacity and solar roof charge time frames.
- In addition, we installed custom made solar-panel glass roof and all necessary equipment to measure the energy production and consumption.
- You can find more information here: https://www.silent-supercars.com/history/
We found out, that aerodynamics is one of the key factors, so we worked a lot on reducing the air drag to help support energy consumption. This will lead to the propulsion system delivering higher performance and less energy consumption.
How was the decision made to go fully solar electric, with no fuel onboard?
- After several years of testing we found out, that the overall energy balance of solar-panels is much better than of a hybrid. In an average application – most sports cars and supercars enthusiasts travel locally short distances and only use their supercars for special occasions to keep the kms down on their precious supercars. The energy produced by the solar-panels – which are specially designed for this purpose – exceeds by far the energy needed to travel around their local cities with our propulsion system.
- It is a simple fact, that you use a supercar only a fraction of the time, whereas the solar-panels produce energy every single minute of daylight, energy you can use for propulsion.
How many Kw’s do the solar glass roof panels generate?
- On the SILENT SC1 and base model solar roof produces high performance of 400w, other options can be chosen to produce more power. We will advise you after our tests in reality what this enables you to travel up to in kms every day, exclusively powered by the sun and run all the necessary inclusions within your chosen supercars configuration like air conditioning, radio, and lights etc.
What about maintenance and warranty?
• Virtually no maintenance – batteries, panels and e-motors are free of maintenance. Service interval for the only part you must look (the 2 bearings of the e-motor) after about 100.000 hours. Then the costs to exchange the 2 bearings is about 100 USD
• The batteries have a warranty of 8 years, in 12 or 15 years you will get Lithium batteries of latest technology for less money than today.
• The solar panels guaranteed for 5 years and their lifespan is 25 years – the same like with the batteries – in 25 years solar panels will be cheaper and more efficient.
Which Certified Certificates category do you provide for a Silent Supercar?
- All our Supercars will come with a roadworthy certificate issued within Australia which is of the highest qualification in the world for compliance.
- We will can also have the vehicle certified engineered report including the road test report by the engineer.
- The Supercar will come with an Identification VIN number and Chassis Number with the number of the Silent Supercar production number for tracking purposes and registration purposes within your county.
- This is the highest class in Australia that is designed to International Standards for the world. If you require further reinforcement of the chassis for racing purposes, we can discuss it and build it accordingly.
Are their extra customized options and Inclusions?
- Yes, please contact us direct to discuss in details our extra options within areas of extra solar output energy for the solar panel glass roof, the e-motors options, custom suspension and braking ect.
For more information about purchasing the limited edition MODELS of our Solar Electric Supercars, owner assistance, financial services or our purchase programs, contact:
Silent Supercars / Sunpower Yachts Australia
Phone: 0479 149 736
International +61 479 149 736